I’ll be in Suva for a few weeks, and would love to meet you – fellow storytellers, creatives, writers, publishers, digital communicators and content creators near and far! If you’re interested in meeting me too, I’d like to invite you to my very first event in Suva.
Join me for two of my most favourite things, talanoa over coffee and food. As well as a brief overview of my own story so far, I’ll also answer:
- What is Pacific storytelling? Is it really open to interpretation, or is there some form of best practice? What are we doing right? What could we be doing better?
- How can we take ownership of our own stories, and avoid exploitation?
- What does storytelling really look like, when you dig deeper than a one-way Q&A style interview?
- How can Talanoa connect us with organisations and agencies who’d like to work with people in the Pacific?
- What can you do, to join the Talanoa community of storytellers, contributors and collaborators?
- An opportunity to ask your own questions, discuss challenges and ideas.
RSVP is essential, due to venue capacity and refreshment preparations. Please let me know you’d like to join me by emailing [email protected] as soon as you can. I look forward to seeing you there!