All images provided courtesy of Dusk Devi & Pacific Runway
Vosa is a Pacific storytelling podcast produced by Good Will Media and supported by the World Bank in the Pacific and Papua New Guinea. Good Will Media works in partnership with Talanoa, a leading digital platform for Pacific storytelling, created and led by Pacific people for a Pacific audience. Vosa is also supported by a steering group comprising of four experts in the Pacific and Papua New Guinea, who provide feedback and guidance on episode content.
By amplifying the voices of the Pacific and Papua New Guinea through a podcast, Vosa invites audiences into an intimate setting of talanoa (meaning to discuss or tell stories in Fijian, Tongan, and Samoan) to bridge the lived experience of Pacific people with the unique issues and opportunities that are faced across the region. The podcast addresses developmental and topical social issues across the themes of health, education, inequality, transport and livelihoods through both an analytical lens, and an emotive, charismatic lens, which resonates with our target audience.
- Vosa Season 3 Episode 2 - The future of our oceans 29 Oct 2023The Mama T's talanoa with two of our Pacific Ocean champions, Rose Kautoke and Bill Waqalevu. Bill is Senior Researcher (PhD) at Yas SeaWorld Research & Rescue in Abu Dhabi and Rose Kautoke, Senior Crown Counsel, Head of the Legal Advice and International Law Division, Attorney General's Office and ocean law advocate. They share insights […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 3 Episode 1 - Defining Leadership 05 Oct 2023Vosa is back and with new hosts for Season 3. Join the Mama T's - Trina and Talita - as they explore Pacific leadership with Ana Laqeretabua (Fiji), Jamal Talagi (Niue) and Amelia Katoa (Tonga).See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 10 - Rituals 15 Sep 2022This episode we explore the sacred and - oftentimes intimidating - world of rituals and the relationship they have with our identities as Pacific people. Our two amazing episode 10 guests guide us through this final episode of VOSA Season 2 - Wendy Mocke is a Papua New Guinean inter-disciplinary storyteller, a NIDA Acting graduate, […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 9 - Technology and Connectivity 25 Aug 2022This episode we’re delving into all things technology and connectivity. The ways in which we are using technology to address everyday challenges, how technology is helping us preserve our ways of life and keeping us connected, and asking ourselves how we can best use it to safely and inclusively benefit our communities. We hear from: […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 8 - Caring For Our Community 08 Jul 2022In this episode, each of our guests has a story to share about how families and communities found ways to stay connected and how we might take some of that learning with us into the future. We hear from: Jeffry Feeger of Papua New Guinea, Ann Singeo of Palau, Dr Fotu Fisi'iahi of Tonga, and […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 7 - 2035 Pacific Voices of the Future 16 May 2022In this episode of Vosa we speak with some of the Pacific's most spirited changemakers. Our young people. 'Ana Malia Falemaka of Tonga, Yasmin Poole of Australia, Nelson Kokoa of PNG and Elizabeth Kite of Tonga share with us their vision for their communities in 2035 and what they think it will take to get […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 6 - The Hustle is Real 01 Apr 2022This episode is about the hustle. We speak with Pacific women entrepreneurs and business founders who share their experiences of starting something new, stepping into uncertainty, choosing a path less travelled and reflecting on what it has taken for their ventures to survive the ups and downs of business, including the pandemic. VOSA speaks with […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 5 - In Conversation: IWD 2022 10 Mar 2022This episode, we celebrate International Women’s Day, encouraging conversations across generations, across the ocean, across different stages of life and careers. VOSA speaks with Rhea Moss-Christian of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and Vinzealhar Nen of Papua New Guinea. For more on how the World Bank in the Pacific is marking International Women's Day […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 4 - Ocean Voices 10 Feb 2022In this episode of Vosa, we share voices from our oceanic region, reminding us of our connection to the ocean and all the ways in which Pacific people are working to protect and preserve it. Guests this episode include: Masio Nadung of PNG, Mathew Chigiyal of the Federated States of Micronesia, Dr Katy Soapi of […]Vosa
- Vosa Season 2 Episode 3 - Parenthood 23 Dec 2021Vosa hears Pacific perspectives on parenthood, its joys and challenges, and the various ways in which parents are nurturing their children in a changing world. Listeners and guests reflect on their dreams for their children. This episode's guests include: Reverend James Bhagwan of the Pacific Conference of Churches, Solomon Islands journalist Georgina Kekea, community educator […]Vosa