Are you interested in producing digital media? Do you have a passion for Pacific stories?
Talanoa is looking for exciting new storytellers to join our team over the summer! We have four summer associate artist positions available for digital storytellers based in Micronesia, Polynesia, Melanesia and French Polynesia. We want self-motivated storytellers who are passionate about telling stories from their region. It doesn’t matter if you are an emerging storyteller looking to learn some new skills or an established storyteller looking to make new connections – your stories matter!
Artists will have the opportunity to:
- Produce stories from their region for Talanoa over a three month period – Dec 2020 to Feb 2021.
- Learn about the ethics of digital media & Pacific intellectual property.
- Build genuine and lasting relationships and become part of a network of Oceanic digital storytellers.
- Undertake workshops about cultivating your voice, pitching, branding, building a genuine audience, marketing and platforming Pacific stories.
- Receive mentorship from our Creative Director, Emele Ugavule and Talanoa creative team.
- Receive an associate artist honorarium fee.
What you will need:
- Access to internet
- A good quality camera (can also be your phone)
- Ability or willingness to access and network with Pacific people within your community
What we are looking for:
- The ability to think outside the box
- Strong communication skills or a willingness to build on existing skills are essential
Applications close 5pm AWST on Nov 23rd, 2020. Have any questions or accessibility requirements? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sound like something you’re interested in? Fill out the form below and hit submit!