Our first ever online symposium!
Our 2021 Digital Oceania Symposium is now available on-demand!
Over two days, 28th-29th May 2021, we hosted panel discussions with Oceanic peoples on how we navigate digital and social media. Our Lead Editor, Emele Ugavule, curated a powerful lineup of speakers who lead talanoa on topics ranging from how we archive and present our stories in digital spaces, emerging social media platforms and subcultures during the COVID-19 pandemic, representation, and creating educational and safe spaces. Speakers and topics included:
- Wap-Hill Imbun – Pasifika Visuals
- Lavau Ngaluc – Archiveples
- Samira Homerang Saunders – Archiveples
- Talei Mangioni – Pacific Biography in Australia
- Samantha Marley Barnett – Tahdong Marianas
- Lice Movono – Today Media Fiji
Collectivism as Currency
- John Kealoha Garcia – Exchange Avenue
- Leone Winterstein – Zed Run
- Brandon Tacadena – Talanoa
- Isabella Naiduki – Fiji Diaspora Club
- Trina Sound – Fale Umu Kuka
- Falefia Jr Fuamatu – Pasifika Creatives Club
It was an incredible two days filled with robust and in-depth conversation. If you missed it, or you want to re-watch the action, you can now purchase a pass to re-watch the discussions here
If you would like to support or partner with us for 2022 get in touch!